• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do the tank vent lines go?

Reaction score
I think the fuel is just flowing over the vent tubes in the tank. But I am getting what i think is an abnormal amount of tank pressure. A new cap is on the way. First we trey both vents open. If drips then we close off each and see. I am also wrapping the rear and sides of the tank for heat. ya neve know. I am thinking these tanks were just a crappy design

criner28

Reaction score
I think the fuel is just flowing over the vent tubes in the tank. But I am getting what i think is an abnormal amount of tank pressure. A new cap is on the way. First we trey both vents open. If drips then we close off each and see. I am also wrapping the rear and sides of the tank for heat. ya neve know. I am thinking these tanks were just a crappy design
I just saw this, what insulation are you using

mr4speed

Reaction score
Yes you are right I had 5/16 changed it to 3/8 years ago had no problem now driving on the street with new tank one vent line short capped off, long vent line goes trunk not capped off and leaks when filled to 19 gal exact.IF I put 15 or less its ok.:praying:

Back