• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is my vin enough to create a fender tag for my 69 383 4 speedRR?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You can get the sheet from MMC and fill it out. My car did not have the fender tag. So listed all the options the car had after restoring it. Like A/C and bucket seats with console. I just wanted to fill that spot on my runner inner fender. Now not to deceive any one when selling it but don't think that will happen in my lifetime. The tag dose looks original but for a stamp mark on the tag shows it is a replacement one. Cost is expensive just for a tag, but it did not look right without one. LOL. Good luck.

torredcuda

Reaction score
Yes - as Russ said you technically can get a fender tag made but will not be "correct" as there is missing info that you need from the original tag or broadcast sheet. There ae many reproduced tags on cars that are incorrect, have options added or made to fit how the car was built. Of course the purists frown on such "fake" fender tags but it`s not illegal as long as you are not commiting fraud by deceiving someone (buyer) so it is "your car - your choice" what you want to do with it.

Back