• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383CID motor rotation

vso737

Reaction score
OK, it is the SMALL stuff that always drives me nuts.

Finding conflicting information on a SIMPLE topic.............

Does the FAN rotate CLOCKWISE or COUNTER-CLOCKWISE looking at the car FROM THE FRONT??

Thank you in advance...........

LG,
MIKE
:acne:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Looking at it from the front, it's clockwise. Same direction as engine rotation.

Automotive engines turn CCW when viewed from the flywheel, except for Corvairs. Some boat engines rotate CW.

Trivia.... Back before electric starters, this was done so a right handed man could start the engine easier with a hand crank.

vso737

Reaction score
Thanks BIG John................

Hard to believe that these little things can be so hard to find an answer to. I wanted to confirm I was doing things correctly. Always nice to be extra sure ....................rear motor- 0810.jpg
I chose to manually turn the crank via the large nut rather than using the starter to turn the engine in order to bolt the flywheel to the motor.

Thanks again,
LG,
Mike

rear motor- 0810.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
there should be a video out there of Bobby doing that on his Model T......

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Never hook your thumb over the crank handle. If it backfires, it can break your wrist if you do.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
A wealth of knowledge my friend's have. Remember pumping gas in a glass globe to measure how much gas you were buying. That was real gas had a red color to it lead included.:facepalm:

Back