• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Wheel Stock Horn Button on new wheel.

Wideboots

Reaction score
Just bought a 1969 Road Runner 383 4 speed post car. Am in the process of restoring it. First thing is Vintage Air since I live in Surprise Ariozona. Car is pretty sound (no rust), but needs some help in several areas. Right now I am looking for a steering wheel replacement. I want one as much like this one but want to be able to keep the horn button with the Road Runner Emblem in tact. I have found one, but they want almost $800.00 for it which I think is a bit pricey. Anyone found a Grant or other maker that makes a steering wheel that can be modified to accept the stock Road Runner Horn button? Would really appreciate some help here. Thanks.

20240628_085438[1].jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I don't know of an aftermarket wheel but you can get your wheel refurbished but again its not cheap. About $400 plus shipping

Last edited:

Wideboots

Reaction score
There is really nothing wrong with it except for the gap in the wood dead center in the wheel. I will check out your suggestions. That is a reasonable price. Thank you.

Wideboots

Reaction score
Unfortunately when trying to get to the site you mentioned I got this message: "The page you are looking for has probably
moved or expired. Sorry about that!" Bummer!

Jack R

Reaction score
I’ve been looking for a nice wheel like that. I got a real bad wheel “restored” but it’s not exactly like the original. Too thin and no metal strip on the outside. It’ll have to do until I find one.

IMG_0021.jpeg

Wideboots

Reaction score
I found a reproduction steering wheel that is perfect for my purpose. New web site that I just found. It has some very good parts for Mopars including Road Runners. Problem solved. Thanks to all for the comments and advice. The wheel is new and even has chrome center sections. It is installed with the stock parts from the old wheel. Was not cheap, but on sale today so that helped! New site for the steering wheel is: https://pgclassic.com/

1719961511938.png

Back