• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DRIVING VEHICLE ONTO A FOUR LEG LIFT

vso737

Reaction score
Anyone using a BenPack lift???

I'm looking for ideas of how to make my life easier by being able to see the front wheels to center them on the ramps as I drive up onto the lift.

For the past two years I have been using a magnetic extension with a ball centered over the lift's ramp. The way I'm doing it necessitates that I leave the car to confirm that the tires are centered on the ramps.

I'm contemplating using a mirror or mirrors. My goal is to NOT have to leave the car until the vehicle is fully loaded onto the lift.

I'm sure that I cannot be the only person to have come across this dilemma. Hopefully someone on this site has tackled this issue or you may have some opinions.

Thank you in advance,
LG,
Mike

RR- CROPPED RAMPS.jpg

Last edited:

Petroleum1

Reaction score
I typically would have someone stand in front and watch for me. I have thought about positioning a flag on each ramp up front as a guide reference.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
The ramps/runners are like 24" wide even if you are a little off it will still be okay. I usually pull my car alot closer to the left side of the runners. That way I have more room between the vehicles for the vehicle to the right of the car on the ramps.

20210320_161519.jpg

vso737

Reaction score
Me too! Who wouldn't want an Omaha Orange 69 road runner. Beautiful.
Now THAT IS FUNNY!!!!
I'm sure he was referring to the BENPAK lift.......................LOL

I have been wanting a '69 RR ever since 1969. After sending my wife and son back to the USA from Germany August 1969. I was ordered to move back on post- my roommate, Condelli, was the Company Clerk. Condelli was a MOPAR fan and posted a huge poster of "MOTOR TREND CAR OF THE YEAR", the 1969 Roadrunner. I looked at that poster every day for a couple of months and GOT BRAIN WASHED. It has been my FAVORITE sedan ever since and I finally purchased one nine years ago. I have now willed it to my grandson since I will NEVER part with it.

LG,
Mike

vso737

Reaction score
I typically would have someone stand in front and watch for me. I have thought about positioning a flag on each ramp up front as a guide reference.
I have been using the telescopic extension with a ball at the end that Harbor Freight sells for aligning a toe hitch. It has a magnetic base which I attach to the first leg. It is a pretty good guide but still a guessing game. I have to exit the car and confirm my tires are centered. Nine out of ten times I am and will continue moving forward. Once in a while I have to make a better approach.

I prefer to be able to see the tires and ramp during the entire process without having to exit the car to confirm I'm on the right path.
I have some ideas I will attempt and will post it if and when I solve my issue.

Thanks again,
LG,
Mike

Vinny

Reaction score
Now THAT IS FUNNY!!!!
I'm sure he was referring to the BENPAK lift.......................LOL

I have been wanting a '69 RR ever since 1969. After sending my wife and son back to the USA from Germany August 1969. I was ordered to move back on post- my roommate, Condelli, was the Company Clerk. Condelli was a MOPAR fan and posted a huge poster of "MOTOR TREND CAR OF THE YEAR", the 1969 Roadrunner. I looked at that poster every day for a couple of months and GOT BRAIN WASHED. It has been my FAVORITE sedan ever since and I finally purchased one nine years ago. I have now willed it to my grandson since I will NEVER part with it.

LG,
Mike
Oh........LOL.

quikbird

Reaction score
Both are right, take the lift and the rr. Though if I try to bring home another car the wife might make me sleep in it.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Old-school front-end alignment. Use string from rear tire at back of tire tie off string. Then stretch to the front tire. Use cement blocks to hold the string in front of the front tires. String should just touch the front outer wall of the back tire. Set steering wheel to center. Now measure your clearance from front wall to back outer tire side wall. Do the same for both sides. Want about a 1/4-inch toe in. Canter and camber. Use a bullet level and place on the outside of your wheel bearing hub 1/8-inch bubble or where the bubble just touches the line the bubble sets in. This can be achieved with a set of Steele rims. If not will have to pull center caps on the mags also may have to use an extender out of the bearing hub. Set my runner up this way to drive it after restoring the front end to the alignment shop. They wanted to know who set it up so I could drive it in. Was told not far off with the alignment.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Maybe a set of big truck mirrors on each side would help show your approach. Use some old rims to make a stand so you can move them around. :beep:Ho I want a lift also to make things easy in steed of getting on the creeper. Also trying to get the car jacke up high enough to get under it. LOL.

Back